Bacon Nation

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Give That Man a Promotion!


I am totally bored by the Superbowl, and I hate the halftime show with a violent passion. Because it always sucks, and often sucks very mightily. The one where Shania Twain lip-synched that awful "I Feel Like a Woman" song....jeebus. The Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake one was totally dull until the big boob unveiling, and even that was kind of like...meh. Which is what makes it so much more remarkable that Prince totally fucking rocked that thing tonight. I'd forgotten how awesome Prince is. I'd forgotten that it had been so long since I'd heard anyone who could actually sing in that kind of situation (as opposed to lip-synching) and sound good. And he looked so cool -- all 5'4" of him; he totally owned the stage. All hail Prince! He is the true king of pop -- and if you haven't listened to Diamonds and Pearls lately, do so now. I wish he'd sung Gett Off....

By the way, one of my favorite things about Prince has nothing to do with Prince. Reader H and I play Trivial Pursuit fairly often, and whenever the entertainment category comes her way she always starts praying like crazy that it's a Prince question. She apparently feels she is in possession of a deep reservoir of Prince knowledge, obtained by obscure methods. And I'm sure she is. Which I find very random and very charming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home