Bacon Nation

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Recommended Reading

I've been wanting to write about this ridiculous right wing conceit that by mentioning the fact that the war is going badly, we critics of the administration "embolden our enemies." That particular phrasing aggravates me no end, because it implies that there's some portion of boldness currently lacking in the giant hate cocktail that is Iraq. How much bolder, exactly, can these people get? What's on the far side of really goddamn seriously motherfucking ass-kicking take-no-prisoners simultaneous-car-bombs-at-Parliament bold?

But anyway, now I don't have to talk about it, because Brian Beutler did, really well. He has my new favorite blog, and I love it. You should, too. He's not talking specifically about the enemy-emboldening formulation, but it's the same exact idea -- to whit, that by talking about losing the war, Reid (and you, and I) are making the violence worse.

And he's doing it by going after The Corner at the National Review, my favorite target. Sic 'em, Brian! I'm gonna put my feet up, and take the night off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home