Bacon Nation

Monday, April 02, 2007

Update!

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a post on Hillary Clinton that I couldn't quite get to go where I wanted it to. So I saved it as a draft. Then tonight I decided that a blogger can't be so fussy, it's not a dissertation, just publish it! So I did. And, thanks to the strange wisdom of Blogger, it appears as though I'd published it on the date I wrote it. To read it, scroll down to March 12th, "In Defense of Hillary." That Blogger should do this -- retroactively add posts -- is interesting. For example, I could right now write drafts of a stack of posts firmly predicting the eventual victory of each current candidate in the 2008 election. Then, next November (dear God it's still so long til the election) I could hit "publish" on one of them and look like a political genius.

On the other hand, you might take that March 12th date as proof that I beat The American Prospect, Matt Yglesias, and a host of other bloggers to the punch on Hillary by a good couple of weeks. I was just too busy fussing over my prose to actually publish before them.

Lesson learned. From now on it all goes out in a thoroughly unfiltered state. Take cover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home